Who has the best-dressed chihuahua? Come find out at Fleamasters' Best Dressed Chihuahua Contest, Sunday, May 1, 2016, at 2:30 pm. Fun to watch, or enter. Professional Pet Photos available from 1:00 - 2:30 (from only $10). Enjoy a song and dance performance by the Calendar Girls at 1:00 pm. Make it a day of shopping and fun at Fleamasters!
Planning to enter your pup? Online registration is closed... Our registration table will be open at 12 noon to accept walk-up entries and donations! This year's contest benefits the Gulf Coast Humane Society. See you at the market!
When: Sunday, May 1, 2016, 2:30 pm Where: Fleamasters’ Music Hall Entry Information: A $10 donation is requested for each dog entered in the competition. Proceeds benefit the Gulf Coast Humane Society, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit, no-kill, animal welfare organization. Entries must be submitted no later than 2:15 pm. The contest begins promptly at 2:30 pm
Whether fancy, wild, funky or a mix of styles, this contest is your Chihuahua’s chance to strut their stuff. Winners receive nice prize baskets and ribbons, all entries receive t-shirt (for dog owner).
Contest Rules and Tips for Contestants:
• Entrants’ costumes will be judged for creativity and uniqueness. Bonus points will be awarded for owner/dog combo costumes. We also may select a dog to receive a special Heritage Award for the costume that best exemplifies the Chihuahua's proud Mexican heritage.
• Chihuahua vaccinations must be current.
• It’s not about about breeding or pedigrees; your Chihuahua does not need to be purebred to enter. But dog must look like a Chihuahua to win.
• All dogs must be on a leash or carried or otherwise in control of owner at all times. Unruly dogs or owners may be disqualified or asked to leave.
• Dog owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pet.
• Our judges are volunteers from the community. Their decisions are final.
• Chihuahuas must be present during registration
• Fleamasters reserves the right to use owner/dog photos for future advertising